ManSaver Safety Bars
The ManSaver™ is a safety bar that can be mounted across walk-through openings on pumpers or on the turntable of aerial devices to help prevent an accidental fall.
The ManSaver™ is spring loaded so that it always returns to a horizontal position. There are no hooks to latch or harnesses to buckle. This clever design helps insure that the walk-through will always be protected as firefighters do not have to waste time closing or latching anything behind them. To enter, push the ManSaver™ in or up. To exit, simply lift it.
- Constructed with aluminum extrusion and aluminum bronze castings, so it does not rust
- Covered with a heavy layer of foam and a tough rip-stop vinyl outer covering to protect against injuries
- Available from 14" through 36" (even sizes only)
- Standard bar is provided with bright yellow vinyl cover, red is available at no extra charge
- Available with or without covers
- Used on Fire Apparatus, Recycling Vehicles, in manufacturing and power plants along catwalks
- Knuckle is aluminum bronze with stainless 70-4PH pins
- Bar itself is of extruded aluminum
- Various screws are seated with Locktite 290
- Spring mechanism consists of stainless chain and various machined aluminum parts
- Padding is closed cell polyurethane foam
- Covering is 13 oz. rip stop vinyl, secured to the bar with an epoxy that contains epoxy resins and amine hardeners