TFT Hydrant Master Valve
The Hydrant Master is a lightweight, low friction-loss hydrant valve that can be used in many water distribution applications. The valve is powered by (4) AA batteries, pressure activated, and equipped with a power-save mode. A handheld controller with pressure display and valve position feedback controls the valve up to 1200 feet (366 m) away. Both the valve and handheld are equipped with backlighting for use in low-light situations. The valve opens and closes with a sliding plug which is compliant with NFPA 1965 slow close requirements. The valve's position is controlled by operating a control valve which can be moved manually, operated electronically from push buttons on the valve, or by wireless remote control.
- Main LDH Waterway size (at valve seat): 4.5" (114 mm)
- Minimum Operating Pressure: 5 psi (0.7 Bar) NOT FOR SUCTION USE
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 300 psi (20 bar)
- Hydrostatic Proof Test Pressure: 900 psi (62 bar)
- Temperature Rating*: -32°C to 57°C (-25°F to 135°F)
- Batteries: 4 AA batteries, Lithium recommended
- Expected valve battery life: 140 hours lithium, 100 hours alkaline *For temperatures below 0°C, valves must be drained after use to avoid damage.